A Change in the Weather

Shh...don't tell anyone, but I'm writing a blog post instead of writing my five-page paper that's due next week. This last month or so has seen a serious break in the blogging rhythm for me, and it's frustrating because I really have had a lot of good thoughts. Unfortunately they fly away from me and are lost in the ether due to the general craziness of life. School really is taking up a lot of my time. If I put as much effort into doing homework as I do into avoiding it I'd probably get more done, but I also don't have a lot of uninterrupted time to do it in. S-Boogie's new school schedule also means that I have no more time without children during the day. Little Dude is with me all morning while Mr. Fob works, and then when he goes down for a nap S-Boogie is home from school and wanting attention. And now Little Dude has decided he no longer needs naps, so many afternoons are quite crazy.

Thankfully, this morning I actually had three hours of uninterrupted homework time. I did a lot of research and have been thinking about it all day, so hopefully the paper will get written at some point this weekend. I found someone in my ward to watch Little Dude one morning a week for me while I do homework. He seemed to enjoy his visit to a friend's house and I managed to have self-control and actually do things. It also started raining. This is mostly impressive because for the last three months since we moved here it's been mostly sunny and hot. It was actually starting to bother me a little because every day was the same. I'm enjoying the rain and the cold. Not only that, but Mr. Fob's paycheck debacle finally got straightened out and I just received the first installment of my graduate stipend. November feels like it's going to be a good month.

Comments

Hooray for good months and changes for the better!
Writing is very energy intensive. As much as I love blogging, I know that the trade-off has been my fiction. Maybe not such a big loss. . .
Kristi said…
Yay! November is a good month, I definitely agree. Hopefully it continues to be for you guys. Good luck with all the homework - it's no fun to feel stressed and like you have no time to do everything.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear