Running errands and finding bargains

Master Fob had a few hours at home between his two jobs today, so I got to escape the house to run a few little errands I've been needing to do. My first stop was The Good Earth, where I was looking for powdered yogurt starter. It's actually a little cheaper to start yogurt with a bit of already made stuff, but I always forget to save some over and it's surprisingly hard to find those little containers that have the plain stuff in them. I also discovered some brie cheese on clearance in the dairy case--99 cents for an eight ounce wheel! If you are anywhere near Orem, run down to The Good Earth and buy some today (especially since it's marked "sell by July 11").

Then I went to a paper supply store and finally found the right size of envelopes for our cute little baby announcements we got printed up (an easy way to DIY--just get a cute photo, use a photo editor to add some text about the baby, and have Costco make reprints, it's easy and cheap). Since I was close to D.I., I thought I'd pop in and see if they happened to have a replacement jar for our blender. Unfortunately they didn't, but I couldn't resist browsing the clothes. Not only did I find a super cute corduroy a-line skirt, I got a nice blouse to go with it. And a practically new t-shirt from Old Navy (since, um, I really need more t-shirts).

I'm usually not that into shopping, but it was nice to get out of the house for a little bit. And I'm really glad I got some new clothes, because my wardrobe is in sad shape lately. Plus I did it all without busting our budget!

Comments

Mrs. Hass-Bark said…
Have I mentioned that you're a budget maven? I probably spent more than you did the entire weekend on one slip cover. From Wal-mart. I am a bad, bad shopper.
Jenny said…
I second Miss Hass. Only I didn't buy a slipcover. I have good intentions but I always feel like I have to get something right then and don't have time to shop around.

For example, I need to get toys for the ward nursery (puzzles and stuff) only the thought of driving all over the greater Ft. Lauderdale area looking for bargains makes my brain hurt. And our ward only wants to pawn their broken crap off on us, so I am wary of asking for toy donations becuase they I will have to sort through and throw the rest away. Let me know if you have any motivational tips or advice.
Lindsay said…
I'm probably not devoted enough to call myself a Bargain Shopper, although I do love me an incredible deal! But I have noticed that it's much easier to find bargains in Indiana than it is in Utah. In Indiana you have things like rummage sales (where the items being sold are decently priced and not thrashed to bits) and Goodwill and Aldi.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear